Saturday, August 4, 2007

First Post!

Hey!

I'm Nicolas Sylvain, software engineer in the SF Bay Area. This is my first post on this blog and hopefully not my last one. I just got the unexpected motivation to create a blog. I don't know yet how often I'll update this blog; I guess it will depend on what's happening and how much time I have. I'm really curious to see!

The main subject of this blog is Windows Internals and its security. It will be presented from the point of view of the developer. That does not mean that I'm not going to talk about random stuff, but at the end, most of the posts should talk about the security of the Windows operating system.

Why is this called "The Final Stream”? I'm not sure yet. I just think it sounds cool. I might rethink this later :)

Who am I? Well, I'm Nic. I'm from Quebec, Canada so I speak French. Please forgive my English! I moved to Silicon Valley in 2005 to work for a startup called GreenBorder who developed a sandboxed virtual environment to protect the OS and the user data from malicious code running in the browsers or email clients. Recently I joined a much bigger company. I might talk a little bit more about what I'm doing in a later post, but you should not be waiting for that :)

1 comment:

Finnur said...

Oui Oui! He blogs! :)